Where's Your Money Going?
Since the 2012 committee first got together 2 years ago, we have wanted the Party to have a charitable objective as well as being a great celebration for JGLG. We looked at a number of charities and were determined to find one that would work with us and not just accept a cheque at the end of the night. After lots of deliberation we are delighted that The Edward Starr Charitable Trust gives us all this and more.
Click on the logo for their website
In fact we are SO happy to be working with The Starr Trust that we want to share our reasons with everyone!
1. The Starr family (who are the Trustees) is Jewish and have gay family members so are very supportive of JGLG and our aims.
2. The Starr Trust has sourced some of the acts who are performing for no financial reward.
3. The Starr Trust has sourced the main raffle prizes which have been donated and they are printing our raffle tickets at no cost.
4. Starr Trust volunteers will be staffing the bar on the night so we can reduce costs and increase profits.
5. 100% of money given to The Starr Trust is donated to charity. Not one penny is used for administrative costs.
6. ...And perhaps best of all - WE have a say about which charity WE want to support.
Please complete our short poll below and have
The JGLG committee along with the 2012 sub committee would like to find out how our members and friends want the profits from the
Party to be distributed.
And of course, don't forget to book your ticket for the biggest event in the history of JGLG on the
30th June 2012!